There have been rumors upon rumors about what the iPhone 7 will look like and speculations about certain features. Well, this is a summary of the most concrete of those rumors.
RUMORS ABOUT THE iPHONE 7 MOST LIKELY TO BE TRUE
- Removal of the headphone jack: From all indications, Apple seems to be following through with this. Read all about it here. Anyways, they have good reason to do this. It serves a couple of purposes and I will explain them.
- It gives room for lightning and bluetooth headphones.
- Apple is rumored to use this to it’s advantage by introducing a second speaker.
- Dual Cameras: Although Apple makes devices with pretty good cameras, there is always room for improvement. They intend to do this with the iPhone 7. Basically, how these cameras will work is this:
They will both take pictures simultaneously but capture color differently; then the image processing software handles the stitching of both images as one.
The downside to this is the fact that the dual cameras might only be featured in the larger iPhone 7 and not the smaller one.
- A pressure sensitive home button: Apple introduced 3D touch a while back and also improved the trackpad of their macs. Now, they have included this pressure sensitivity into the iPhone 7’s home button. It is currently unclear what function this would accomplish but I am sure they have something in store that is sure to Wow consumers.
There is no official announcement date yet other than the fact that it will hold sometime in September. So, stay tuned for updates!